Monday, June 30, 2008

Wow...the book

I am learning "hands on" about what it takes to develop a book. This being my first published book through my company, I did not imagine the pressure, mental/physical stress and frustration that goes along with it. For example; Editing-I have revised the book so many times that I began to lose my drive for the book. I did not want to write, talk about the book, promote the book, finance the book all because every night I would sit in my room and do rewrite after rewrite.
Am I scared? Yes!!! So along with the time and effort, I am shaking in my boots (literally) hoping that I am doing God's work and not man's.
I will say to my readers that Love Fiction: A Journey Through Its Truths, does detail a man's battle between his flesh, the world, and wanting to live in the glory of the Lord.
No way could I put my entire life, both good and bad, my battles with love and hate, in a book as such, but I did create snapshots of important events in my life that allowed me to grow. Let me write that again: I did create snapshots of important events in my life that allowed me to grow.
As my growth as a man continues to mature, I am realizing that having love in my life is important in all aspects. But I do have my moments when I ask myself this very question: What is Love?
The book purpose is to answer that question, no holds barred.

1 comment:

Rachon said...

Hey Jermon, this is Rachon and I must say that I thought we were better than that. I was not after anything nor looking for anything just thought you were a very interesting brother with alot going on for himself and it was refreshing. I hope you are very successful in your journey and remember to never judge a book by its cover(picture). I will still support your book. looking forward to the read.

Take Care
RB