Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dear You,

My name is Jermon Cooks. I am writing you this letter because my phone is not on a 4G network so my service is shady in some areas, kinda sorta like my life. As I was driving west bound headed toward my destination, I saw the old bakery where we used to meet after work to share a banana walnut cupcake and two hot coco's. My emotions got the best of me so I decided to park across the street from the bakery falling in deep thought still imagining our spirits sitting at the very table that we sat shoulder to shoulder, cheek to cheek. Funny how you never used to eat the cupcake itself; you were a fan of walnuts. So I guess I was the greedy one because after you picked a few walnuts out of the cupcake, the rest of it disappeared quite rapidly. I miss you. I know time has taken us in different directions and given us many opportunities of lifelong happiness, but I was the never the same after I left. Too selfish for my own good, the benefits of what was being offered cannot compare to the whispered I Love You's after dinner under candlelight. The fire in your eyes simmered the doubts in my soul. You brought newness in places that were forbidden for any and all person(s). You were my everyday-my morning star, the rays of the rising sun, my hero who promised to protect me from heartbreak. Every inch of my being felt the love that you surrendered effortlessly. I could not match the intensity of your love. I could not put childish things away. A hopeless romantic that made hopeless decisions that in the end cost my heart to stop. I never told you why I left...so let me go get a banana walnut cupcake and a coco and let me explain.
Better yet, I wrote a book about it called Love Fiction: A Journey Through Its Truths...
I just wish you were alive to read it...

No comments: