Thursday, July 4, 2013

Love in Retrospect...I declare.

Mercy on my heart you beautiful woman whose beauty has taken me beyond the course of courts-man-ship. Imagine a pot of gold waiting at the end of the rainbow seasoned just for my heart to accept. Imagine the gift of love celebrated like a corporate holiday. Anxiously awaiting for that movie moment when the sun draws nearer as our eyes reach a pivotal moment-they rest upon the reflection of what is yet to become. Nervously I succumb to my imaginary moment, eyes wide open. Long sigh... No rush to kiss you. More eager to share my deepest darkest secrets as, we, in love, build an alliance, trusting the pathway we walk in faith, carrying the weight of life while our spirits guide us to God's promise. Burdened with old afflictions, wondering If I will ever pass love's sobriety test, my drunken state of confusion has weakened my position of ever wanting to love again. But the more I stay from the matters of love, the more I want to SAY YES. The "Yes" man has been out of season for awhile now. Reflecting on my whirlwind affairs and matters of the heart, desperate to clear my name, proactively on bended knees, the fruit of what was being released from the mouth was course in its presentation and rotten from its agenda. The daunting task of revitalizing my spirit that has shaken, stirred and spat on clearly has taken me on a roller coaster ride of remorse. Searching to find simplicity in my heart that has been cornered and hardened by its own impulsive implications has become a by-product that one seems to want to buy. As reachable as embedded stars in a midnight sky, I want Love in its replication. Always bright, steady as a surgeon's hand and as delicate as the eyes of a newborn seeing his parents for the first time, I thirst to become whole. My fight has become arduous. No warnings of what lies ahead. Just reflective memories of what should of been. Ridding of the arrested development of my past, while allowing me to mercifully take refuge of my heart accepting the beauty within you. That pot of gold is right before me: Am I ready Lord?

No comments: