Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Seeking to find the one. Hopeful that she will appear when my mind and heart are in alignment. Ready to welcome her with open arms and a sincere heart. She will be my Valentine's 365 days of the year. I will love her beyond the sunset. I will make love to her through the midnight hour. I will marry her dreams. I will cultivate her hopes into realities. She will be the period after every sentence created. She stares in my eyes with finalization. I say "Yes" as her lips press against my cheek whispering to me how happy she was that I Found her. I walk in faith. Talk in strength. Broke down many nights as alone befriended me. Wishful tears blurred my foresight at times, but I constantly reminded myself that as God closes one door, he opens ten more. Never thought I would feel insatiable joy again. But when God introduced me to you sweet woman, my legs succumbed to the promise of God, on my knees I fell, surrendering many thanksgivings. Love was remixed. Love never smelled so sweet. I never wanted this feeling to let me go. For years, my back angled itself against the wall while my thoughts became a prisoner of my unfaithfulness. Lost sight of the precious gifts brought forth in human form. Nevertheless, I destroyed faithful; never to make love to her ever again. Followed by deceit, self-doubt and loneliness. Drowning in my own tears, God placed a lifejacket over my heart and the reconstruction began. Fighting the temptations of sharing my body with the unknowns, I segregated myself from the powers that be. Muted and alone, I began walking down a different pathway. The road less traveled separated the truths from the fallacies by creating a place of refuge where I could rest and not feel ashamed. I clicked my heels three times and said "God, forgive me and allow me to continue to live and thrive in your intended purpose...forgive me." The sky roared as the sun bullied its way through the dark clouds. The rays of the sun kissed and found comfort on my darkened skin...I smiled. Without a moments noticed, she appeared. Her smile tickled my heart placing temporary dimples in my cheekbones. Her presence made me smile harder. Her calming words made me feel taller. God confirmed us as we. We as one. On the way we go...never to forget the journey of falling, getting back up, and going from glory to glory to glory. Welcome.