Saturday, September 18, 2010

Are you with your SOUL MATE or are you Mating for your Soul?


I was sitting in my living room and this McDonald's commercial appeared on-screen. The young lady asked her boyfriend "What do you like about me? Hesitant, he came up with basically jumbled words of nothing. She replied, "You are my soul mate!" I thought to myself, Hmmmmm, Soul Mate? Often used, but never fully explained.
In my lifetime, I have overheard people say He/She makes me feel this way. He/She respects me in every way. He/She treats me soooo good. Now, I thought, Do people say and feel this way Before or After the sex? If He/She wanted to have sex only with someone whom they are married to, how many Soul Mates would actually wait?
Nowadays, people are driven by lust, perversion, and sexual impurity. Relationship building is under new management-Get in and Get out! People are dating for sex. Sex is all around us. Its on billboards, magazines, dating internet services, and walking down our community streets and neighborhoods. We all want love, but the Sex is the prerequisite. The soul desires to mate. The flesh seeks affection. The butterflies in the belly only lasts for a season. And once that season comes to a close, the Real relational work begins. But what it looks to be, once the soul as mated, most He/She go AWOL, along with the relationship. Now, you are holding your hands up, screaming WTF did I do?
Let me tell you what you did:
You let that person's words shape and mold you. The tedious words made you conclude that He/She was your soul mate. Did you pray before you indulged in this He/She? Did God give you confirmation? Or did your curiosity and need for affection further your need to be with He/She?
So, now you mate for you soul. You are so in love, but guess what the Hunter(man) has conquered your soul and controls you, your body, and your mind. Why? Because of your need for affection. Steadily, that He/She does not talk to you the same way or make time to date and / or spend time with you. He/She priorities are different.
So before you lay on your back or get on top of someone, ask yourself, Am I having sex with this person who is my Soul Mate or am I mating for my Soul?

6 comments:

lkendinian said...

I LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

love u man for being so straightforward in your thoughts.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JustSmile said...

I wish more people think like you!
our desire for true love makes us easy targets that can be manipulated by people that seek just sex, this is really sad..