Sunday, November 21, 2010

Whatever Happened to Finding Solutions?

If there is one academic subject that most people dislike, 8 out of 10 people are going to say Math, in particular, Word Problems. Like math, people tend to face problems the same way-Avoidance.
I am sorry that I made you the problem without finding a simple solution: For not allowing my love for you to assist in finding solutions to our difficult moments together. It was not easy for me to put my hands up and "surrender" like a mathematical problem-If I didn't get it, it was easy to move on to the next one. What if God gave up on you and treated you and your strife like a Word Problem??
When I was a child, I hated subtraction. I would sit at the dinner table for hours at a time playing a guessing game. My mother would correct my homework finding error after error. With all the erasing and re-writing, my paper was torn, black and blue. Stay with me now, I am going somewhere with this. I would sit at the table for hours tired. I would cry for sympathy. My mother, frustrated with my lack of concentration, would get that old beat up coffee-brown belt standing behind me instructing ( really, yelling with that angry spit coming out of her mouth) me over and over and over again to think. I couldn't. My mind was inoperable from the lack of Idontknowwhat...Pop goes the end part of the belt against my shoulder blade. Ouch! My mind began to wake up, just a little bit. Finally, I solved one problem. Then another and another. Finally, all the word equations were completed. The paper must have got popped a few times with the belt too because there were plenty of holes dampened by my frustrated tears. My mother went on to say "re-write your homework on a clean piece of paper, neatness counts."
Sometimes in our own lives, we need that Pop to give us the courage to face our problems head-on. Its so easy to run from the problem, but as you continue to run the problem increases in strength while the solution is left behind still awaiting input. I hate problems just as I hated math. Though I thought I was correct in achieving the right answers, upon correction, my methods and solutions were wrong causing me to whine, cry, bicker, hate, and Give Up.
Too many person(s) are giving up on their wives, husbands, families and close friends in the time of need. What is happening to us people? Has Love become superficial like a high priced car? What foundation are you living Your Life on? Whatever happened to finding solutions? Nothing, we are the problem and until we start living our lives as solution-makers, we will live life in confusion like an algebraic equation, not easily solved.

No comments: